MICROSOFT TEAMS UPDATES
Padua, 23 March 2020 - Microsoft Teams has turned 3 🎉🎊 years old last week and to celebrate it announced new features.
The innovations in question have the common goal of providing a user experience that can meet - and sometimes exceed - users' expectations, for this reason, they do not just improve the pre-existing functions, but offer new possibilities, especially in light of the recent global health emergency due to the COVID19 virus. These new releases are in fact dedicated to a dual target:: the broader one is made up of users who use Teams to make online meetings, but there is also a new target, or professionals who are new users of the platform - think of the operators in the field of manufacturing or industrial sector or operators in the health sector. In the latter case, the challenge is to offer technological solutions that make it not only possible but extremely simple, to use Teams during their work that typically does not play from an office desk.
Here are some of the new features in the March release:
- Excellent audio quality even in networks with limited or unstable bandwidth, thanks to the improvement of the algorithms, now there is better audio quality, even in the presence of congested or poorly performing networks.
- Noise cancellation: this implementation eliminates real-time ambient noises of any kind, including the annoying noise of those who type too much on the keyboard 😁, allowing participants to focus on what is said.
- Raise your hand during a meeting. Obviously you won't have to do it physically, just click on the appropriate icon in Teams. It will thus be much easier - especially in meetings with many participants - to manage everyone's interventions.
- Integration between Teams and RealWear wearable devices. This feature will be available by the end of the year but is already shaping up as a turning point for operators in the field in the manufacturing or industrial field, since it will allow them to communicate, keeping their hands free.
- The Bookings app has been designed to simplify the planning and management of virtual appointments and will be available in the coming weeks. It is particularly useful for the healthcare sector since it will allow healthcare professionals to manage and conduct virtual visits. In addition, it is also used for medical visits - because of COVID19, they are difficult to do in person, especially in cases of patients with mobility problems, a compromised immune system or who live in areas with a lack of doctors or healthcare facilities.
These are just some of the innovations that Microsoft Teams has introduced and will introduce during the year.
If you want to know more about all the news of Microsoft Teams, click here.